The adolescent years can be very challenging
Struggles occur academically, socially, and emotionally. Teens with learning disabilities may experience a tumultuous time as they struggle to learn and to relate with peers.
“During the summer months Learning Without Borders provides a structured environment to develop academic skills and increase social skills.”
An experiential learning program, teens 14 –16 can participate in workshops in 6 different areas with community and business leaders.
Syracuse-Area Businesses that have worked with our teens include:
- Small Plates Detroit (Nutrition)
- 93Q (Public Speaking)
- SkyZone (Physical Fitness)
- Pacific Health Club (Team Building)
- Tops Markets (Nutrition)
- SALT Makerspace (Creativity & Design)
The program strives to achieve the following outcomes for each participant:
- Develop Learning Strategies
- Improve Technological Skills
- Improve Social Skills
- Prepare for Postsecondary Life
- Make New Friends
- Have Fun!
Visit our website to learn more about the program and find details on how to register!