Community Habilitation can help community integration
LDACNY’s Community Habilitation service, LIFE, provides personalized service to enhance the lives of individuals living with developmental disabilities.
Community Habilitation is designed to encourage community integration utilizing existing local resources. Its purpose is skill building based on goals in an Individual Service Plan (ISP). Counselors recognize the importance of utilizing an individual’s strengths to compensate for their challenges. The LIFE Program provides services in the individual’s home and surrounding community.
- Adaptive Skill Development
- Assistance with Daily Living Skills
- Community Inclusion & Relationship Building
- Travel Independence Training & Support
- Adult Education Support
- Social Skill Development
- Leisure Skills
- Self-Advocacy & Informed Choice Skills
- Appropriate Behavior Development